Well unfortunately it’s still raining so had to cook indoors but it wasn’t all bad, since I finally got a chance to make these stuffed Spinach Ricotta shells. I have included the recipe below:
1. Started with boiling large pasta shells
2. Then started to make stuffing for shells using:
3. 12 ounces of ricotta cheese placed in bowl
4. Cooked up 3/4 cup of chopped fresh spinach with tablespoon of minced garlic until sauteed then allow to cool
5. Stirred in the cooked spinach and garlic with the ricotta cheese
6. Then mixed in 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
7. Added in one egg, tablespoon of basil and another tablespoon of oregano with salt and pepper
8. Stirred all the ingredients together in a bowl and allowed to cool in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
9. Strain cooked pasta and rinse in cold water and set aside to cool
10. Once mixture and shells are cooled use spoon to gently stuff each shell
***Preheat oven to 400 degrees***
For the casserole dish I layered as follows:
1. Poor 1/2 cup of marina in bottom of dish
2. Add stuffed shells open side facing up
3. Add another 1/2 cup of marina sauce on top of shells
4. Then take fresh mozzarella sliced and place atop The sauce
5. Then pour remaining marina atop slices
6. Then take 1 cup of shredded mozzarella and 1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmesan to cover atop the dish
7. Place casserole dish in oven at 400 and bake for 18-20 minutes until cheese is thoroughly melted and then place on broil (high) for about 3-4 minutes until cheese gets little brown.
8. Allow to cool for a few minutes then slice and serve.